Sunday, November 6, 2011

Sunday List: The Unbearable Okay-ness of Being

Sunday List: The Unbearable Okay-ness of Being

1. In Over My Head 
2. Beside Myself 
3. Begrudging People with Firm Ideas about What it Means to be Okay 
4. Realizing That I am a Person with Firm Ideas about What it Means to be Okay
5. Craving Pickles But Not Correspondingly Pregnant 
6. Waiting for my Perpetually-Unsorted Laundry to Dry
7. Wanting a Brain-Vacation 
8. Decidedly Not Going to the Gym 
9. Considering Pizza 
10. Wondering Where the Cat Got Off To
11. Setting the Alarm with Vague Dread 
12. Reflecting on the Fact that I May Have Shopping A.D.D.
13. Feeling Guilty about Spending Too Much on My Favorite Perfume 
14. Wondering if Putting Everything in Caps is Diluting the Message
15. Angry About the City-Wide Lack of My Favored Gel Pens
16. Haunted by My Blank Journal
17. Wanting to Watch T.V.
18. Feeling Self-Righteous for Not Watching T.V.
19. Agonizing over How Fat I Look in Pictures These Days, And How Little I am Willing to Forgo Eating to Correct This Condition. 
20. Thinking One Day I Should Buy A House
21. Realizing I am Too Apathetic to Care for an Entire House
22. Wondering if This Means I Need Anti-Depressants
23. Considering What to Do With An Entire Extra Hour
24. Realizing I Have Wasted My Entire Extra Hour
25. Reading “The Watchtower” And Wishing for Solid Answers to Life’s Big Questions
26. Finally Turning on the TV and Watching That Show about People Who Go Around Bidding On Storage Lockers
27. Realizing that in Spite of Everything, I’m Probably, Relatively, Pretty Much Okay. 

Kristen McHenry


3 comments:

Dana said...

With my extra hour, I'm eating peanut butter.

Dana said...

And drinking water to wash down the peanut butter.

Kristen McHenry said...

Consuming peanut butter is an excellent use of any extra 60 minutes!