Thursday, February 27, 2014

The Acme Employee Handbook is Available Today!

Out today in e-format is my poetry chapbook, “The Acme Employee Handbook”! All poetry books are ultimately a labor of love (they certainly aren’t profit engines), but this one is especially meaningful to me. It was written over a year and half period when I was adjusting to a job in a radically new environment, and during a time when I was ruminating a lot on the meaning of work in our lives. (I still ruminate on that a lot, but I’ve been writing about other things since I completed the book.)

I hope you’ll take a peek! The e-version is a mere $3.00, and the paperback will be coming out some time in the summer. Thanks to Jaffa Books for taking a chance on a somewhat experimental book, and thanks to Mr. Typist for encouraging me to keep on plugging away at it when I was ready to throw in the towel. You can get your copy at the following link:


I’ll return to regular weekly posts this weekend. It was all routinous interuptus over last weekend when I threw in the towel on my usual to-do list and decided to take some “me time” hanging out with friends and playing Neverwinter Nights.

--Kristen McHenry



2 comments:

Jo-Ann said...

Congratulations, Kristen! May many books sell and make a labour of love, an engine of profit.

John Socrates said...

I second Jo-Ann's salutation and wishes. You deserve to have a bestseller. And I can't wait to see it happen! :-)