Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Tuesday Night “Quickie”


I know I’m little behind on my usual blog update, but there’s a been a lot going on what with trying to fit in all the extra napping , gourmet-cheese-eating, and knick-knack dusting I do as a childless woman. In the meantime, here are a few quick updates:

Woot! Not to brag, but I sent some work out over the last few weeks from a new chapbook project I’ve been feeling very insecure about, and so far—two of the poems were accepted by Busk! You can read them here, and feel free to leave a comment if you so desire. 

The Green Party candidates were arrested at tonight’s Presidential Debate: http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/10/green-party-candidates-arrested-at-presidential-debate/ 

*Sigh* Is the inclusion of third party candidates in the national dialogue too much for a girl to ask for? 

I’m reading some work from “Triplicity: Poems in Threes” and from the new series on work at Hugo House on Saturday night. Come on out, get yourself some wine or beer, and settle in for a rollicking night of poetry performed by Belle Randall, Carol Light, Kate Lebo, and Carolyne Wright!

More later this week. That wheel of Brie isn't going eat itself!


--Kristen McHenry


1 comment:

Frankly Curious said...

I'd never thought what it would be like to hear you read. My guess: it would be awesome. You know, with all your theater experience. Although, I must say: I have to soak in your poetry. One time through is never enough.

Is allowing third parties into debates too much to ask for? Yes. Silly girl!

I'm going to post part of one of your poems over on Frankly Curious. It is interesting to read your prose poems. I think I like them better for reasons I will discuss there.